Thank you for visiting The Art of Living Beautifully!
Using this contact form, please send us your name, email address and a few comments and we will get back to you within 24 hours
PLEASE SEND A WRITING SAMPLE AND RESUME TO INFO@THEARTOFLIVINGBEAUTIFULLY.NET
The Art of Living Beautifully (www.theartoflivingbeautifully.net), a swiftly growing media company based in McKinney, Texas, has a job opening for a seasoned and highly experienced Executive/Personal Assistant, to support our Managing Editor/Publisher. This is a part time, hourly job opportunity, with an expected 10-15 hours per week. The candidate will be expected to be flexible in their hours and days they work, as different projects and demands of the publisher/editorial team arise.
We offer a flexible work schedule and collaborative environment, where you will gain from working alongside a truly talented, diverse and passionate team of writers, editors and creative staff. This is a great opportunity for the right person, to learn and to grow, as our company expands. Tasks will include: managing the Publisher’s calendar, scheduling meetings, taking notes and following up on action items from appointments, working on/managing updates to our social media accounts, collaborating with our editorial team, following up on customer/advertiser inquiries, coordinating event/sponsorship activities, and handling day-to-day errands, as needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is proactive and can work well in a fast-paced, strict deadline oriented, work environment.
We will require a resume, a writing sample, and salary requirements in order to be considered. Absolutely no phone calls or staffing agencies please. This is an exciting time to join our company, submit your resume and a writing sample, today!
Listed below are the skills/experience required and a more detailed job description.
- Must be experienced with software programs and online project management programs including: Lightroom/Photoshop, WordPress, MailChimp, HootSuite, etc.
- Must be experienced and highly “fluent” in the various social media channels, best practices, key techniques related to posting on the various channels, etc.
- Candidate must be highly organized and have outstanding time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, and experience working alongside busy, highly focused, business owners/leaders
- Be highly detail oriented and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks with poise, while under tight/strict deadlines
- Flexible in their approach and willingness to work on a quickly changing, diverse range of projects
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proof reading skills—including having experience with proofing content for articles and social media posts under tight deadlines
- Manage tasks with a polished and professional approach
- Have poise and a polished “personal style” as you are representing our Publisher, team and our growing brand while in the market/at events, meetings, etc.
The individual in this role will be responsible for many different and varying tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Act as a personal assistant to the Publisher, overseeing tasks by the editorial staff such as submission of final editorial content, proof reading, research, and site inspection/site visit details
- Supporting editorial staff in all activities leading to publication. This may include collaborating and coordinating deliverables and action items with the editorial and creative staff members, on behalf of the publisher.
- Running business errands, maintaining business files, digital documents, filing, mailing, etc. Maintain all hard copy files and digital records related to ongoing projects. Deliver and pick up business related correspondence in the immediate geographic area. Keeping the office space organized, ordering office supplies
- Taking notes during internal and external/client meetings, dictating them into a document, assigning tasks and managing the follow up and final deliverables with the project “owners”
- Coordinating as needed with other staff members/teams (may include writers, photographers, printers, designers and production staff), to monitor deliverables and due dates, as applicable to the stages in the publishing process
- Be our first “point of contact” with receiving and following up on phone and email queries, e.g. from writers and the public; Determine the urgency of requests, and delegate the needed tasks to team members.
- Work with the Publisher and team to create spreadsheets and presentation information as needed, for advertising, partnership, and client meetings
- Arrange meetings; secure the location for the meeting (such as a conference room or restaurant) and prepare any handout materials that are needed for the meeting.
- Serve as the “gatekeeper” to the Publisher, managing all forms of incoming and outgoing communications. Screen calls/emails to the Publisher, determining which should be “escalated” and need to be addressed directly by the Publisher, or those that can wait or be delegated to another member of the team.
- For any required travel, the assistant will be held responsible for making sure the trip goes smoothly. This may include understanding travel preferences, knowing and providing the daily schedule in advance, parking details, location/site details, etc,
- Social Functions after hours/on weekends may also be required. This may include planning social events/organizing event details, confirming RSVP’s to invitations, etc.
Please send resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org