Have you ever had baked eggs? I hadn’t until I tried these, when I found this recipe in my new favorite cookbook, The Real Girl’s Kitchen. I really don’t have much to say about them, except…WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT THE SIMPLICITY OF AN EGG COULD BE SO DELICIOUS? I made a test batch, and found baking them in the oven causes the egg whites to be very fluffy. The soft flavor of the eggs is punched up a notch by the herbs and sea salt. Say hello not only to your new favorite method of cooking eggs, but also to your new favorite breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Enjoy the taste. Enjoy the easy clean up. Enjoy your lack of grease splatters on the backsplash.
1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, chopped
1/4 cup Rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup Thyme, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Grease the insides of four ramekins with olive oil.
***I bought my ramekins at World Market, and right now shipping is free! How sweet is the Robins Egg Blue?!
3. Crack two eggs into each dish.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle herbs and sea salt across the top.
5. Grate fresh parmesan across the top.
6. Bake until whites are firm. In my convection oven this took 11 minutes.
**serving suggestion: Pair with crusty bread
-ciao for now-
photo credit: Patrizia Montanari